The Evangelical Methodist Church Conference has been meeting spiritual needs since 1927. Starting as a committee called the Interdenominational Holiness Convention, they started using tent meetings as an avenue to meet the spiritual needs of the people in certain areas. In that same year, the committee changed it's name to the Macedonian Call Band. Bands(or groups of people-churches)where found in Lavelle, Rebuck, Muir and Millersburg. In 1931, a name was chosen that depicted the action of the founding fathers-The Home Missionary Society. (This name was later Incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania.) The name was later changed to the Evangelical Methodist Church of Sunbury and then to the Evangelical Methodist Church Conference.